Pagina's

fall style: 4 ways to wear a plaid shirt.

Fall has officially started when the leaves hit the ground, it did make me feel sad for one minute though. But then it came to mind that now it is time to cuddle up in some warm clothing with lots of layering and ofcourse PLAID!. Plaid is really my favorite thing to wear in the fall, especially the red colored ones. Since it is my fave thing to wear I thought I would show you how to mix styles while wearing a plaid shirt, there isn't just one way. so here are my 4 fave styles to wear a plaid shirt! :)

You can wear it the normal way but sometimes fall has it's warmer days. Therefore wearing a tanktop beneath your plaid shirt is an option. That way you can strap the plaid around your waist when the weather is starting to warm up.

Here I'm wearing an H&M tanktop, leggings from Blanco , white sneakers from H&M and plaid shirt from Hollister.

Another option for some warmer fall weather is to crop it up. You can do this by simply making a knot at the bottom of the shirt. You can wear some highwasted jeans with this look if you are not that fond of showing your belly.

Here I'm wearing an high wasted jeans from Forever21, black platform boots from H&M and my plaid shirt from Hollister.

The third style is great for when the weather is starting to cool off. Just add some fall boots with some details to spice it up to keep your feet warm and cozy. This also gives you the option to wear your favourite silly socks. At least I do.. Then all what's left to do is throw on some (faux) fur. I choose for this faux one that I bought in Shanghai last summer, it's really warm.

Here I'm wearing an high wasted jeans from Forever21, brown boots from Zara, Faux fur jacket from a random store in Shanghai, and my plaid shirt from Hollister.

My 4th and last way of wearing a plaid shirt is by mixing it with some boyfriend jeans. This is a good option for some colder weather or some rainy days. It's comfortable but still shows some effort.

Here I'm wearing my boyfriend jeans from River island, Mocassin boots, H&M tanktop and plaid shirt from Hollister.

Fall is a nice season to bring out some cozy clothing, thats why I love dressing up for fall. Sometimes it's good to invest in some good quality key pieces that last for several years. Plaid will never get out of style, it's a fall musthave. This is just a way of showing that you can wear some key pieces multiple ways so you can get your money's worth.
Stay tuned for more fall outfits and accessories that I love.

Xo,

Share this:

CONVERSATION

30 lovely comments:

  1. Love this blog post (as I am writing this I am sat in my Plaid shirt) I often wear mine with a wax jacket or gilet.
    You are so pretty! Cool blog, please help me out and check out my blog maybe follow it if you like it xx
    anotherteenontheweb.blogspot.co.uk
    New Follower xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. You are so so beautiful girl! I love the " crop it up" style best! <3<3
    Followed your blog, I love your fashion style so much!
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. WHY SO CUTE !!! omg love how you style your plaid !!

    xoxo,
    Dee
    Slumber Talk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thanks for the comment!

    I just followed ya...do follow me back
    xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Great look, I love the plaid and fur vest
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Loving this look on you, amazing fur vest :) Mel
    www.livingoncloude9.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I adore all these looks! Love the fur vest! Great pics!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge1.wordpress.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I love your outfit, especially the plaid shirt! Great background for the photos too!
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Such a lovely outfit! So simple and casual but still chic and feminine, love it! :)
    Also you have a new follower now!! ;)

    www.dodolce.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Great photos! I love plaid shirts, there are a staple in my closet!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I love all four looks on you. The plaid shirt is awesome. Stunning pics!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Fab post. Love the different ways you wear the plaid shirt!

    Made in Mauve

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. How beautiful…Such an inspiration!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. I love a good plaid shirt! Amazing looks! =D
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Nice looks! A plaid shirt is a fall staple!

    xo T.
    initialed.ca

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Hi Angela and thank you for your visit. Your choice from plaid shirt its right. My favorite look is number 4 (with boyfriend jeans). This combo its really cool! Kisses,,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/eniwherefashion

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. love yout vest so much :)

    http://sonya-thaniya.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Your blog is lovely! I love your outfit! I just started following you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. You look so cute. I love this outfit!! Gave your blog a follow :)

    xo, carli
    Puppies and Polka Dots

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. you've got amazing pictures! love your style!

    www.metamorfosisdekafka.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. Love this shirt!! xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Also just followed you if you want to follow back xx

      Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

      Verwijderen
  22. Great blog. Styling I like very much. http://fashionbyalexandra1999.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen